Monday, March 7, 2011

Scare me...Please.

For quite some time now I have been a big fan of horror. Did I say “big”? I meant huge! I own well over three-hundred titles that could be classified as horror/thriller alone. A lot of people would probably find my collection a little weird but suspense seems to be the only thing that will keep me entertained for two hours. I guess it’s those temporary adrenaline rushes. That tingle in your spine. The momentary muscle paralysis that comes from only the scariest moments on film. My dilemma? I can’t find it anymore.
Maybe it’s because years ago I was more affected by the tactics horror directors used to “shock and awe” their audiences. I guess certain exposure to anything repeatedly over time would eventually cause someone to grow immune to its effect on them. To recycle a timeless cliché, maybe they just don’t make them like they used to. It would be easy to settle on that theory except that a few in recent years have sufficiently done the job.  I actually got a little chill on one part of Paranormal Activity when I first saw it. Those films seem to be fairly rare now though, or maybe I’m just a more difficult customer.
  I have been turning to blogs and surveys lately online to find out from everyone what some of the scariest movies they had ever seen were.  I am holding onto the belief that there are some really good horror films out there that haven’t found me yet.  Unfortunately it seems like time is running out on a dying breed. Maybe I’ll have to try bungee jumping. If that doesn’t scare me it’s time to hang it up…or maybe start making movies.

4 comments:

  1. I, for one, would love to see you make a movie :) I think you would be great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for swinging by 2 Against 1 - Twins following back now. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following. I'm a fan of horror movies, too, even though I'm not scared easily. I don't know what it is. Usually they're dumb, but I still crave them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you ever want a few suggestions , id be happy to help out. I have my own little list of favorites/classics.

    ReplyDelete